Terms & Conditions
01.GENERAL GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Investors should refrain from handing over cash to any sales agent. If cash is handed over to any agent, it is intended that investors do so at their own risk.
- Please retain the Deposit slip. Unit Trust confirmations will be sent only after Units creation.
- Attach the Copy of National ID Card, Copy of the Cash/Cheque Deposit form, and Form D, if you wish to appoint a nominee.
- Attach Form C, Copy of standing Instructions if you wish to subscribe to the Periodic Investment scheme.
02.TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Every application for a unit should be a minimum of Rs. 1,000/- for each fund.
- Payments can be made by bank drafts or cheques crossed “A/C payee only” payable to ‘Guardian Acuity Asset Management Limited’ deposit in A/C No. 002010553053 – Hatton National Bank, City office branch or in A/C No. 1030026486 – Commercial Bank, Foreign Branch or in A/C No. 001001023180 DFCC Bank, W. A. D. Ramanayake Mawatha or in A/C No. 100060007321 Nations Trust Bank, Corporate branch or in A/C No 001210009139 Sampath Bank, Fort Branch. Cash deposits can be made directly into the bank accounts by the customer. Please attach the deposit slip to the application form and hand over to our Company representative or send by registered mail to; Guardian Fund Management Limited, 61, Janadhipathi Mw., Colombo 01.
- Individual investors who invest Rs. 1 million or above in the form cash deposits (per month) directly to GAAM bank accounts are required to fill the “Declaration of Source of Funds” form along with the form A1.
- In the case of cheque deposits, units will be created the day that the cheque is realized.
- An application for subscription can be made at Guardian Acuity Asset Management Limited, trustee Deutsche Bank AG or any designated office of HNB and DFCC Vardhana Branch (local and overseas) or any other authorized distributor of the fund.
- Please submit;
- NIC/Passport copy of applicant(s)/guardian.
- Copy of birth certificate of applicant (for minors).
- Proof of address (Eg: Recently received utility Bills, Bank statements, Etc.)
- For cash investments of Rs. 1,000,000 or above, documentary evidence of source of funds
2.3.Notices to the Fund Manager
The manager must be notified immediately, in writing, of the following:
- Any change of address or contact details OR Change in payment instructions OR Change in nominees
- This investment should be made on the understanding that prices of units could move up as well as down from time to time due to market fluctuations, as explained in the Explanatory Memorandum.
- Units in the trusts are sold based on information contained in the respective Explanatory Memorandum.
- Applications in joint names may be made by not more than two persons, and both applicants must sign such applications.
- Applications in the name of minors will be accepted provided such applications are signed by a parent, or a court appointed guardian in the appropriate guardian in the appropriate cage. Redemption of units by minors will not be accepted under any circumstance until the minor reaches 18 years of age.
- The managers reserve the right without assigning any reason whatsoever to refuse to allot any units or allot such members of units as they may decide at their absolute discretion.
- In the case of applications made under Power of Attorney, a duly certified copy of the said Power of Attorney should be lodged with the registrar.
- Politically exposed person” means an individual who is entrusted with prominent public functions either domestically or by a foreign country, or an international organization and includes a Head of State or a Government, a politician, a senior government officer, judicial officer or military officer, a senior executive of a State Owned Corporation, Government or autonomous body but does not include middle rank or junior rank individuals.
- For any complaints or inquiries please reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org or, 0112039396 – Operations Support, 0112039330 – Compliance Division.